Mrs. Keating Funeral Tomorrow
The funeral of Mrs. Annie K. (Cronin) Keating, wife of Thomas P. Keating, who died at Miami, Florida, March 16, will be held from the home of her sister, Mrs. Michael O’Neill, 33 Cottage street, tomorrow morning, with a solemn high mass of requiem at Sacred Heart church at 9 o’clock. Burial will be in St. Bernard’s cemetery.
Mrs. Keating is survived by her husband, two sons, Thomas L. Keating of West Palm Beach, Florida, and Walter A. Keating of this city, three sisters, Mrs. O’Neill, Miss Margaret Conlin of Boston, and Mrs. John Reilly, Gardner.
The body will arrive here tonight at 9 o’clock and will be taken by William P. Mallahy, undertaker, in the home of Mrs. O’Neill.
Source: Mrs. Keating Funeral Tomorrow, Fitchburg Sentinal, Fitchburg, Massachusetts, 25 March 1936, p 5.
1. I was told that Annie’s last name was Snow, the same name as Thomas L. Keating’s wife. This may have been a mistake.
2. Her name is Cronin, the same name as the husband of Thomas P. Keating’s sister, Mary Cronin – Patrick Cronin.
3. Why, if her name was Cronin, was her sister “Miss Conlin”?
4. What drew this particular line of Keatings to Fitchburg, Mass?
5. Saint Bernard’s Cemetery is located in Fitchburg, Worchester County, Massachusetts.