Over time, I’ve posted multiple stories that are obviously about members of the same family, sometimes spanning several generations. I try to give each family a name, usually based on their location in most of the stories. Note that not all of these families are actually related to me, I just happened to notice family groups as I’ve gone along.
As I find these groupings, I’ll add them here. If in my own database (as many Maryland Keatings are), I’ll add the public version of the family tree as well.
- Bridgeport Connecticut Keatings
- Centreville Maryland Keatings | Family Tree
- Cumberland Maryland Keatings | Family Tree
- This family shares a lot of the same names and occasionally even lived in Frostburg, but are not related to me.
- Elyria Ohio Keatings
- I started out thinking this family was not related to me, but it turns out that they are, as descendants of my immigrant ancestor’s brother. (Family tree forthcoming…)
- Finzel Maryland Catons | Family Tree
- Another family local to Frostburg, but use the Caton spelling.
- Frostburg Maryland Keatings | Family Tree
- My family!
- Lonaconing Maryland Keatings | Family Tree
- Another local family that shares a lot of the same names.
- Texas Maryland Keatings | Family Tree
- Philadelphia Keatings
6 Replies to “Related Family Groups”
chasing parents of Thomas Keating b 1825/6 married at Bendigo 31/03/1856 & died Bendigo 31/07/1871. Married Margaret McDonnell ( both emigrated to Australia during Gold Rush c1852/54. Father was John Keating & mother Catherine Walsh according to son’s death certificate. Father as farmer from Tipperary.
Phillip Popp was my g. g. grandfather. Do you have any pictures of him or Doreatha, or any of their children? I have pictures of Lewis, his wife, and their 4 sons. Charles was my grandfather.
I am trying to find a copy of Mary Keating Gerguric’s Keating Genealogy, c 1980. Anyone know this document or her work? Mart’s obit is online, so she is dead. Thank you
Keating family from Mitchelstown, Condons & Clangibbon, Brigown, Co Cork, IRL;
Paddy Finnigan in Ireland (Apr 1973 ( told us that Robt. E. Keating’s father was a Draper (Clothing Store) in Mitchelstown, Co.Cork, Mary was working there and that is how she met Rob. Drapers (Clothes, shoes, dry goods, were a clothing business).Robert was a bookkeeper by trade, the family lived in town, not on a farm. MARR: Sponsors at their wedding were Michael & Hanora Gorman. His wife was Mary Frances Gorman (O’Gorman).They came first to Newark, Essex, New Jersey, then on to Chicago, IL.
Looking for information on of Patrick George Keatinge born 1830 in Ennis Clare Ireland. He married Jane McGivney on November 16, 1851, in Canada. They had five children in 17 years. He died in June 1902 in Sculcoates, Yorkshire, England, at the age of 72. He was my 2x great grandfather and I’ve hit a brick wall on who his parents were.
Still after Thomas Keating b1825/6 in Tipperary… Father is John Keating b c1792, Tipperary County.Possibly married to Catherine Welch (or West)