Yesterday, the Baltimore Sun ran an interestingÂ story on an archaeological dig of a nineteenth century Irish settlement in Texas, Maryland, a short train ride north of Baltimore. A Keating family, though not mentioned in the article, has long roots in this community.
- “Irish Artifacts Dug Up in Baltimore County”, Baltimore Sun, 13 July 2009, http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bal-md.co.dig13jul13,0,2786177.story.
- “Texas, Maryland Keatings”, http://www.keatingsearch.com/wordpress/tag/texas-maryland-keatings/Â and http://www.keatingsearch.com/MyGenealogy/texaskeatings.htm.
- “Archaeology of the Irish Diaspora in Texas, Maryland”, Center for Heritage Resource Studies, University of Maryland, viewed 14 July 2009, http://www.heritage.umd.edu/CHRSWeb/Texas_MD/Texas_Overview.htm.
- Baltimore County Public Library Legacy Web, Multiple Images – search for “Texas”, http://external.bcpl.lib.md.us/hcdo/lw_home.html.
- Kelly, Antoinette, “Irish Immigrant Village Unearthed in Maryland”, Irish Central, viewed 15 July 2009, http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/Irish-immigrant-village-unearthed-in-Maryland-50635617.html.
[Updated 15 July to add Irish Central article.]