Sister Agnes Keating
b. 8 February 1867, d. 9 December 1958
Sister Agnes Keating|b. 8 Feb 1867\nd. 9 Dec 1958|p230.htm|John Charles Keating|b. bt 8 Jun 1829 - 7 Jun 1830\nd. 2 Sep 1896|p21.htm|Julia C. Hyland|b. Mar 1827\nd. 22 Aug 1907|p20.htm|Patrick Keating|d. at the age of fifty|p195.htm|Mary E. Murphy||p193.htm|Andrew Hyland||p210.htm|Elizabeth Moore|b. c 1805|p209.htm|
Relationship=Great-grandaunt of John William Keating III.
Sister Agnes Keating was born on 8 February 1867 at Morantown, Allegany County, Maryland, USA.1,2,3,4 She was the daughter of John Charles Keating and Julia C. Hyland. Sister Agnes Keating died on 9 December 1958 at St. Mary’s Hospital, Troy, Rensselaer County, New York, USA, at age 91.5,6
Aunt Agnes Keating
Sister Mary Esprit
Sister Mary Esprit
Last Edited=30 Mar 2009
- [S157] 1880 U.S. Federal Census, Mount Savage, Allegany County, Maryland, Page: 318A; Enumeration District: 13; Image: 0037, "[Keating] Agnes [...] 14 [...] Maryland."
- [S4] Agnes Keating, Baptismal Certificate, 17 February 1867 Sisters of the Good Shepherd, "I baptizzed [sic] Agnes, daughter of John Keating & Julia Hyland, his wife, on the 17th day of February 1867. She was born on Feb. 8th 1867. Sponsors Patrick Kilduf(?), Mary Kilduf(??), [Signed]L.A. Morgan."
- [S178] 1870 U.S. Federal Census, District Number 12, Allegany County, Maryland, Page: 335; Image 174, "[Caton] Agnes [...] 3 [...] [Maryland]."
- [S158] 1900 U.S. Federal Census, Frostburg, Allegany County, Maryland, Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 108, "[Keating] Agnes [...]] Feb 1867, 33 [...] Maryland."
- [S15] Letter, Margret Miley to John W. Keating III, 18 December 1997, "...In our necrology listings, her date of death appears as December 9, 1958 in Troy, New York where the Sisters had a convent."
- [S580] ET, 12 December 1958, 14, "Sister Mary Saint Esprit of the Order of the Good Shepherd, 92, died Tuesday in St. Mary’s Hospital, Troy, N. Y., following a fall in which she suffered a broken hip."